Nokathon Official Rules – (Hackathon event/contest official rules)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Name: Nokathon (Hackathon event powered by Nokia Solutions)
Website: http://nokathon.devpost.com (the “Hackathon Website”)
Website: www.nokathon.com (the “Event Website”)
1. POSTER & ADMINISTRATOR
Poster (the “Poster”) & Administrator: Nokia Solutions and Networks Portugal S.A, as known simply as “Nokia” , Casal do Canas Road, 2 ,Horizonte Building, Alfragide, 2720-092 Amadora - Portugal.
The Poster is the sponsor of the Hackathon and will be responsible for administration and all prize fulfillment.
Devpost will be the official timekeeper for the Hackathon.
2. DATES AND TIMING
Registration Period: , Friday, October 2nd, 2020 (12:15 AM GMT +0) – Sunday, October 18th, 2020 (11:45 PM GMT +0) (the “Registration Period”)
Submission Period: Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 (12:15 AM GMT +0) – Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 (11:45 PM GMT +0) (the “Submission Period”)
Final Test Period: Tuesday, October 22nd, 2020 (11:45 PM GMT +0) – Friday, October 23rd, 2020 (11:45 AM GMT +0) (the “Final test Period”)
Judging: Friday, October 16th, 2020 (06:30 PM GMT +0) – Thursday, October 29th, 2020 (06:00 PM GMT +0) (the “Judging Period”)
Winners Announced: Friday, October 30th, 2020 (02:00 PM GMT +0) (the “Winners Announcement”)
The Hackathon is open to:
Individuals who are at least the age of majority where they reside as of the time of entry (“Eligible Individuals”).
· Eligible Individuals can be professionals or students from organizations and/or universities which area/course need to be related to the event theme purposed (Machine Learning, Analytics, AI and related);
· Eligible Individuals can participate alone or as part of a Team/Group;
· An Eligible Individual who joins a Team/Group can’t participate as Individual person anymore;
· Citizens of, or a resident in, or located in, or incorporated at the Republic of Portugal (Portugal), Russian Federation (Russia), Romania and, Republic of Poland (Poland).
· All Eligible Individuals registered to participate will receive a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and need to fulfill and send to the event organization until the start of the event. Candidates will NOT be allowed to participate without the NDA.
Hackathon exclusion criteria:
· All candidates that not fit yourself on all items indicated in “The Hackathon is open to” section.
· Nokia employees, Nokia contractors, or subcontractors independent of location.
· Poster and Administrator reserve the right to validate and accept eligible Individuals considering presented profiles (profile form) based on areas of interest, investigation/projects, and overall curriculum within the event's seat capacity.
Seat management and availability:
· This Event will be open up to 250 participants;
· Each of the accepted locations will have reserved 25% of the available seats;
· All remain registration requests (above the limitation per location) will hold on a waiting list.
· In case of free seats (despite the 25% per location) in the last 24h of the registration period, the "waiting list" will be considered fulfilling the reaming seats even if above the 25% limitation per location (up to the event capacity).
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates must do the following to participate in the Hackathon:
- Candidates must visit the Hackathon Website (http://nokathon.devpost.com) and navigate to the submission requirements and join the event;
- Candidates will receive a Welcome reply with a profile form and quiz to be fulfilled in order to validate the registration;
- Eligible and accepted registrations (according to “The Hackathon is open to” section and profile evaluation) will receive any specific guidelines and next steps by e-mail before the event;
- The Non-eligible candidates will be contacted by the organization team to clarify any situation;
5. SUBMISSION RIGHTS
- Candidate Rights: Subject to the licenses described below and granted in the Developer Agreement, any applicable intellectual property rights to a Submission will remain with the Maker.
- Administrator and Poster Rights: By entering the Hackathon, you grant to the Poster, Administrator, and any other third parties acting on the Poster’s behalf, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide perpetual license to display publicly and use for promotional purposes the Submission, in perpetuity. This license includes, but is not limited to, posting or linking to the Submission on Poster’s, Administrator’s, and partners’ websites and applications, including the Hackathon Website, and display and promotion of the Submission in any other media, worldwide.
- Submission Display: The following Submission components may be displayed to the public: name, description, images, video URL, website, team members, the Submission category and platform, and submitter type. Other Submission materials may be viewed by the Poster, Administrator, and Judges for screening and evaluation.
- Representations and Warranties: Makers represent and warrant that the Poster, Administrator, and Hackathon partners are free to use candidate Submission in the manner described above, as provided or as modified by the Administrator, without obtaining permission or license from any third party and without any compensation to candidates
Judges: Eligible Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by the Poster (the “Judges”). Judges may be employees of the Poster or external, may or may not be listed individually on the Hackathon Website, and may change before or during the Judging Period.
Stage One: The first stage will determine via pass/fail whether the submissions function adequately, in that there is a reasonable chance they reasonably fit the requirements of the hackathon, the accuracy* shouldn’t be below 70%. Note that if there are not enough projects submitted that pass stage one to fill all prize opportunities (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and, 5th places), Poster has the right to not award all prizes.
Stage Two: The top 25 submissions that pass Stage One will be evaluated by the Poster in Stage Two based on the following evenly criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
The sw processing time of the solution presented.
Will be considered for this criterion the material submitted as such:
Video link with (max 5m) with:
1. Pitch explaining the work, innovative ideas and solutions
2. Solution execution demo of the developed software. (Technical points (like ML applicability) will be evaluated)
(The above are collectively the “Judging Criteria”).
Stage Tree: Final Score from TOP 25 to TOP 5 and winners selection according to follow weight.
A) Accuracy* (60%) + Performance (15%) + Innovation (25%) = Final Score
*Accuracy: Comparison of your output (based on your solution) and the expected result (amount of correct images identified and amount of incorrect images ignored)
Champion – 1st Place
· €2.250,00 (2.250,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card)
· €1.250,00 (1.250,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card)
· €750,00 (750, 00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card)
· €500,00 (500,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card)
· €250,00 (250,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card)
8. VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS
- Verification Requirement: The award of a prize to a potential winner is subject to verification of the identity, qualifications, and role of the potential winner in the creation of the submission. No submission or submitter shall be deemed a winning submission or winner until their post-Hackathon prize affidavits have been completed and verified, even if prospective winners have been announced verbally or on the Hackathon website. The final decision to designate a winner shall be made by the Poster and/or Administrator.
- In the case of clarification about any information, the organization event team will contact the candidate/candidates which will have 3 (three) business days to return.
- Disqualification: The Administrator or Poster may deem a potential winner (or participating team members) ineligible to win if:
- the potential winner’s or any participating member does not respond to multiple emails or fails to sign and return the information requested by the deadline listed above, or responds and rejects the Prize;
- the Submission or the potential winner, or any member of a potential winner’s Team or Organization is disqualified for any other reason;
- any member of the winning team is an employee, contractor, or subcontractor of Nokia inside our outside of country locations indicated as part of the contest;
In the event of a disqualification, the Administrator or Poster may award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential winner.
9. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
Substitutions & Changes: The Poster has the right to make a Prize substitution of equivalent or greater value. The Poster will not award a Prize if there are no eligible Submissions entered in the Hackathon, or if there are no eligible Makers or Submissions for a specific Prize.
Prize Delivery: Prizes will be payable by Poster to the winners, if an individual, to the Representative, if a Team. It will be the responsibility of the winning Team Representative to allocate the Prize among their Team participating members, as the Representative deems appropriate.
Prizes are payable via gift card from big stores according to the home country of the winner. The winners may be required to provide a mailing address.
Prize Delivery Timeframe: Within 45 (forty-five) business days of the winner's announcement.
· Fees & Taxes: All prizes will be offered without any tax or fee for all winners.
10. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
By entering the Hackathon, you (and, if you are entering on behalf of a Team) agree(s) to the following:
1. The relationship between you, the candidate, and the Poster and Administrator, is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship.
2. You will be bound by and comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Poster, Administrator, and/or the Hackathon Judges which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Hackathon.
3. You release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Poster, Administrator, Promotion Entities, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the Prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting the Hackathon, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereafter the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, defamation, slander, libel, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a Maker’s entry, creation of Submission or entry of a Submission, participation in the Hackathon, acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation, or use of the Submission as authorized or licensed by these Official Rules.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties shall have no liability in connection with:
1. any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Poster or Administrator’s electronic or printing error, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Hackathon;
2. technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Hackathon Website;
3. unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Hackathon;
4. technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Hackathon or the processing of Submissions; or
5. any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Maker’s participation in the Hackathon or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, lost, illegible, or incomprehensible Submissions or for address or email address changes of the Makers. Proof of sending or submitting will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Poster or Administrator.
If for any reason any candidate Submission is determined to have not been received or been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the candidate sole remedy is to request the opportunity to resubmit its Submission. Such a request must be made promptly after the candidate knows or should have known there was a problem and will be determined at the sole discretion of the Administrator.
By participating in the Hackathon you consent to the use of personal information about you, if you are a winner, by the Poster, Administrator, and third parties acting on their behalf. Such personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, comments and hometown and country of residence. It may be used in any existing or newly created media, worldwide without further payment or consideration or right of review, unless prohibited by law. Authorized use includes advertising and promotional purposes.
The duration of your consent is for a period of 01 (one) year following the conclusion of the Hackathon. This consent applies, as applicable, to all members candidates, or Team that participated in the winning Submission.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Poster and Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Hackathon, or any part of it, in the event of a technical failure, fraud, or any other factor or event that was not anticipated or is not within their control.
Poster and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Team it finds to be actually or presenting the appearance of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Hackathon or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a manner that is inappropriate, unsportsmanlike, not in the best interests of this Hackathon, or a violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Any attempt by any person to undermine the proper conduct of the Hackathon may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Should Poster or Administrator suspect that such an attempt has been made or is threatened, they reserve the right to take appropriate action including but not limited to requiring a Maker to cooperate with an investigation and referral to criminal and civil law enforcement authorities.
If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Hackathon materials, including but not limited to the Submission form, Hackathon Website, advertising (including but not limited to television, print, radio, or online ads), the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail.
The terms and conditions of the Official Rules are subject to change at any time, including the rights or obligations of the Maker, the Poster, and the Administrator. The administrator will post the terms and conditions of the amended Official Rules on the Hackathon Website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any amendment will become effective at the time specified in the posting of the amended Official Rules or, if no time is specified, the time of posting.
If at any time prior to the deadline, a candidate or team representatives believes that any Official Rules is or may be unclear or ambiguous, they must submit a written request for clarification.
The Poster or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules are or become illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction whose laws or regulations may apply to a Maker, such illegality or unenforceability shall leave the remainder of these Official Rules, including the Rule affected, to the fullest extent permitted by law, unaffected and valid. The illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes closest and best reflects the Poster’s intention in a legal and enforceable manner with respect to the invalid or unenforceable provision.
Excluding Submissions, all intellectual property related to this Hackathon, including but not limited to copyrighted material, trademarks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or used under license by the Poster and/or Administrator. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owners is strictly prohibited. Any use in a Submission of Poster or Administrator intellectual property shall be sole to the extent provided for in these Official Rules.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, all candidates (including, in the case of a Team, all participating members) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and hereby release the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with the Prizes or Maker’s participation in the Hackathon. Provided, however, that any liability limitation regarding gross negligence or intentional acts, or events of death or body injury shall not be applicable in jurisdictions where such limitation is not legal.
Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Hackathon, candidates agree that:
1. all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Hackathon, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of a class-action lawsuit.
14. ADDITIONAL TERMS THAT ARE PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES
Please review the Devpost Terms of Service at https://info.devpost.com/hackathon_terms for additional rules that apply to your participation in the Hackathon and more generally your use of the Hackathon Website. Such Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into these Official Rules. If there is a conflict between the Terms of Service and these Official Rules, the latter terms shall control with respect to this Hackathon only.
Participation in the Hackathon constitutes candidates full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. By entering, a Maker agrees that all decisions related to the Hackathon that are made pursuant to these Official Rules are final and binding, and that all such decisions are at the sole discretion of the Poster and/or Administrator.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions or comments or wish to send us any notice regarding this Hackathon, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org