Nokathon is a Hackathon powered by Nokia, bringing together creativity and technology to develop solutions to the problems facing the Telecommunication services.
Nokathon is a code solution marathon powered by Nokia.
The contest is based on Machine Learning, AI and Analytics for software development under the Image Recognition theme during 3 days and based on a pre-delivered (by the organization) dataset.
Registration Period: , Friday, October 2nd, 2020 (12:15 AM GMT +1) – Sunday, October 18th, 2020 (11:45 PM GMT +1) (the “Registration Period”)
Submission Period: Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 (12:15 AM GMT +1) – Friday, October 23nd, 2020 (12:45 AM GMT +1) (the “Submission Period”)
Final Test Period: Friday, October 23rd, 2020 (12:45 AM GMT +1) – Friday, October 23rd, 2020 (12:45 AM GMT +1) (the “Final test Period”)
Judging: Friday, October 16th, 2020 (06:30 PM GMT +1) – Thursday, October 29th, 2020 (06:00 PM GMT +1) (the “Judging Period”)
Winners Announced: Friday, October 30th, 2020 (02:00 PM GMT +1) (the “Winners Announcement”)
- Source code, trained model(s) and executables (if any), and usage instructions, for a system that processes an image dataset (to be revealed at the event start) and outputs a CSV file according to the defined challenge rules and template;
- Presentation video (discussing challenges, technical approaches, ideas, etc.);
- A CSV output for the final test dataset, provided after 1) and 2) final submissions closure;
€5,000 in prizes
2.250,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card
1.250,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card.
750,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card
500,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card
250,00 euros or equivalent according to the currency of winner home country in gift card.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
The Hackathon is open to:
Individuals who are at least the age of majority where they reside as of the time of entry (“Eligible Individuals”).
· Eligible Individuals can be professionals or students from organizations and/or universities which area/course need to be related to the event theme purposed (Machine Learning, Analytics, AI and related);
· Eligible Individuals can participate alone or as part of a Team/Group;
· An Eligible Individual who joins a Team/Group can’t participate as Individual person anymore;
· Citizens of, or a resident in, or located in, or incorporated at the Republic of Portugal (Portugal), Russian Federation (Russia), Romania and, Republic of Poland (Poland).
· All Eligible Individuals registered to participate will receive a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and need to fulfill and send to the event organization until the start of the event. Candidates will NOT be allowed to participate without the NDA.
Hackathon exclusion criteria:
· All candidates that not fit yourself on all items indicated in “The Hackathon is open to” section.
· Nokia employees, Nokia contractors, or subcontractors independent of location.
· Poster and Administrator reserve the right to validate and accept eligible Individuals considering presented profiles (profile form) based on areas of interest, investigation/projects, and overall curriculum within the event's seat capacity.
Seat management and availability:
· This Event will be open up to 250 participants;
· Each of the accepted locations will have reserved 25% of the available seats;
· All remain registration requests (above the limitation per location) will hold on a waiting list.
· In case of free seats (despite the 25% per location) in the last 24h of the registration period, the "waiting list" will be considered fulfilling the reaming seats even if above the 25% limitation per location (up to the event capacity).
1. Candidates must visit the Hackathon Website (http://nokathon.devpost.com) and navigate to the submission requirements and join the event;
2. Candidates will receive a Welcome reply with a profile form and quiz to be fulfilled in order to validate the registration;
3. Eligible and accepted registrations (according to “The Hackathon is open to” section and profile evaluation) will receive any specific guidelines and next steps by e-mail before the event;
4. The Non-eligible candidates will be contacted by the organization team to clarify any situation;
1. Source code, trained model(s) and executables (if any), and usage instructions, for a system that processes an image dataset (to be revealed at the event start) and outputs a CSV file according to the defined challenge rules and template;
2. Presentation video (discussing challenges, technical approaches, ideas, etc.);
3. A CSV output for the final test dataset, provided after 1) and 2) final submissions closure;
Use Case and Automation Tech lead / NOKIA
Senior AI Data Science / NOKIA
Nokathon Sponsor / NOKIA
R&D App Dev / NOKIA
Reporting & Automation / NOKIA
Cloud Operations / NOKIA
Cognitive Services /NOKIA
Innovation & IoT / NOKIA
Automation / NOKIA
Data Science / NOKIA
Accuracy matching the expected result based on a pre-defined dataset
Code Processing time
Video explaining the work, innovative ideas and solutions with an execution demo of the developed software. Technical points (like ML applicability) will be evaluated.
- Machine Learning/AI